Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
DOTTS RUGS (Bed Bath & Beyond Australia Pty Ltd)
ABN 94 149 348 489
Unit 3&4/7-9 Westwood Dr
Ravenhall, VIC 3023
Ph. +61 3 8316 1114
Mob: + 61 421 834 898
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Advertised prices are in Australian dollars and exclude GST.
The website https://dottsrugs.com.au (the "Website") is owned and operated by Bed Bath And Beyond Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 94 149 348 489 ) (t/as and referred as Dotts Rugs, "we", "our", "us" or the "Company").
These Terms and Conditions together with the documents referred to within the Terms and Conditions govern the supply of any Product ordered by you on the Website. By ordering a Product, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions.
ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE:
1. You must only use the Website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and any applicable law.
2. You must not (or attempt to):
a. interfere (or attempt to interfere) or disrupt (or attempt to disrupt) the Website or the servers or networks that host the Website;
b. use (or attempt to use) data mining, robots, screen scraping or similar data gathering and extraction tools on the Website; or
c. interfere (or attempt to interfere) with security-related or other features of the Website.
3. To place Orders and access some features of the Website, you may need to register an Account with us. To register an Account, you must:
a. give us accurate and current personal information including your name, address, phone number, and a valid email address.
b. you must be at least 18 years old, and have the capacity to enter into a legally binding agreement with us.
4. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account (including Orders placed using your Account), and you must keep your Account password secure. We are not responsible for any unauthorised activity on your Account if you fail to keep your Account login information secure. We may refer fraudulent or abusive or illegal activity to the relevant authorities.
5. You must not use another person’s Account without our, and/or the other person’s, express permission. If you suspect or become aware of any unauthorised use of your Account or that your password is no longer secure, you must notify us immediately and take immediate steps to re-secure your Account (including by changing your password).
6. We do not warrant that the Website will be available at all times and without disruption and we provide no warranties in relation to the content of any other website linked to or from our Website.
INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE:
1. The Website and the content on the Website are subject to copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights.
2. You must not reproduce, transmit, communicate, adapt, distribute, sell, modify or publish or otherwise use any of the material on the Website, including audio and video excerpts, except as permitted by statute or with our prior written consent.
3. Information about goods on the Website is based on material provided by third party merchants, suppliers and Product manufacturers. Except as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law) we are not responsible for inaccuracies or errors caused by incorrect information supplied to us or by these third parties.
4. Due to photographic and screen limitations associated with the representation of Products, some actual Products may differ to a small extent in visual appearance (for example in colour) from the way they appear on the Website. In addition, where it is suitable to do so, some depictions of Products are created or chosen by us for promotional purposes, and may not be an exact representation of the Products received.
REGISTRATION, ORDER AND CANCELLATION:
1. When making an order, you must possess a valid credit or debit card. To place an order, you should follow the given instructions.
2. Irrespective of any previous price you have seen or heard, once you select a Product that you wish to order, you will then be shown or told (on the Website) the charges you must pay including GST, if applicable, and any applicable delivery charges. Unless otherwise stipulated on the Website, all charges are in the currency then in force in Australia.
3. You must pay for the Product in full when placing an order by one of the payment methods we provide on the Website. In any event, we shall not be bound to accept the order before we have received the funds in full.
4. You undertake that all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing the Product from us will be correct, that the credit or debit card, or account or other payment method which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of the Product. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your payment details before providing you with the Product.
5. When you submit an order to the Website, you agree that you do so subject to these Terms and Conditions current at the date you submit your Order. You are responsible for reviewing the latest Terms and Conditions each time you submit your order.
6. Your order remains valid as an offer until we issue our Confirmation of your order. We shall not be obliged to supply the Product to you until we have accepted your order. We will send you a Confirmation with your order reference number and details of the Product you have ordered. Dotts Rugs reserves the right to decline any order, for any reason (e.g., unavailability of supplies, unusually high freight charges). In this case, we will promptly grant you a store credit or a full refund.
7. Dotts Rugs works to ensure that prices shown on the Website are accurate. In the unlikely event that the price of your order changes or has been displayed incorrectly before we accept your order, we will contact you and ask you to confirm that you wish to proceed at the amended price.
8. If you discover that you have made a mistake with your Order after you have submitted it to the Website, please contact Customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org However, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to amend your Order in accordance with your instructions.
9. Until the time when we accept your Order, we reserve the right to refuse to process your Order and you have the right to cancel your Order. We will notify you if we are unable to If we or you have cancelled your Order before it has been accepted, we will promptly refund any payment already made by you to your original payment method.
1. We aim to dispatch the Product to you within the estimated dispatch timeframe. You can find the estimated dispatch time on the Shipping And Returns page. We shall aim to notify you if we are unable to meet our estimated dispatch timeframe, but, to the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising out of late dispatch or delivery. Please check our Shipping And Returns page for further details.
We provide change of mind returns and damaged or faulty items returns. Please refer to the Shipping and Returns page for further details. If you have further questions, you can send an email to email@example.com. Our team will provide you with all relevant guidelines to proceed with the return (e.g. shipping process).
Handmade Natural Fiber Rugs:
Our Handmade Natural Fiber Rugs are sold " AS IS " and DO NOT come with any warranty. These Rugs are hand woven/knotted by fair trade cottage industry weavers/artists and each piece is unique and different to the other. You need to check the rug before you use/purchase them for any damages/faults. All claims must be reported strictly with in 24 hrs of purchase or delivery. We will replace or refund the full purchase amount if the item is damaged. Please refer to the Shipping and Returns page for further details.
Power-Loom/Machine-Made Synthetic Rugs:
Our power-loom/machine-made synthetic rugs come with a 1 year warranty. Warranty applies to household residential use only and doea not apply to any commercial, contract, rental, trade, institutional or other non-residential use. If you wish to make a claim under this warranty, please refer to the Shipping and Returns page for further details.
1. Gift cards should be treated as cash: they are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, and if lost or stolen will not be refunded.
2. Gift cards issued on dottsrugs.com.au can only be redeemed for products listed on dottsrugs.com.au, and only shipped to customers in Australia.
3. Discount codes or promotional vouchers do no apply to gift vouchers.
4. Gift cards are valid for 36 months from the data of issue. Any balance remaining on a gift card after the expiry date will not be able to be redeemed by the Gift Card holder. A gift card cannot be re-activated at any time after it has expired.
5. A person may be asked to verify, to the reasonable satisfaction of Dotts Rugs, that they are authorised to redeem a Gift Card on behalf of the original purchaser or the person named in the System.
6. A Gift Card cannot be used to purchase other Gift Cards.
7. A Gift Card holder may be required to provide proof of identity.
1. You may use promotional vouchers as payment for certain Products on the Website.
2. For all promotional vouchers, the following general terms and conditions will apply:
a. We may email promotional vouchers to you. We accept no Liability for errors in the email address of the voucher recipient;
b. In the event of fraud, an attempt at deception or in the event of the suspicion of other illegal activities in connection with a gift or promotional voucher purchase or redemption of that voucher on the Website, we are entitled to close your Account and/or require a different means of payment.
c. We assume no Liability for the loss, theft or illegibility of gift or promotional vouchers.
CONDITIONS FOR THE REDEMPTION OF PROMOTIONAL VOUCHERS:
1. From time to time we may release promotional vouchers that may be used on the Website. Promotional vouchers can only be redeemed on the Website in accordance with the special terms and conditions stated on them.
2. Promotional vouchers are valid for the specified period stated on them only, can only be redeemed once and cannot be used in conjunction with other offers (including, for the avoidance of doubt, sales, promotions and other vouchers). Individual brands or products may be excluded from voucher promotions.
3. If you place an Order for a Product less than the value of the promotional voucher, no refund or residual credit will be returned to you.
4. The credit of a promotional voucher does not accrue interest nor does it have a cash value.
5. If the credit of a promotional voucher is insufficient for the Order you wish to make, you may make up the difference through payment by other means (but not by using another promotional voucher or attempting to rely on any other offer). Please note that only one promotional voucher can be used per order.
CREDIT CARD FRAUD, PROTECTION AND PREVENTION:
1. When you place an order on Dotts Rugs, using one of the payment methods we offer on the Website, you may be sent an email from our Fraud Team requesting further information to confirm the identity of the card holder, such as a copy of your credit card and driver licence. This is to ensure a safe and reliable shopping experience and to protect you against fraud.
2. When Dotts Rugs requests further information to confirm the identity of the cardholder, your order will be placed in pending status and will remain pending until your order has passed our Fraud Team's internal checks. If you do not provide the required information, your order will be cancelled and your payment will be refunded back to the original payment method. These information requests are sent to help protect payment method account holders from online fraud.
SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS:
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATIONS:
1. In these Terms and Conditions:
Account means the account that you register in order to submit an Order;
Acknowledgement means our confirmation of your Order (typically sent by email);
Breach of Duty means the breach of any
a. obligation arising from the express or implied terms of a contract to take reasonable care or exercise reasonable skill in the performance of the contract; or
b. common law duty to take reasonable care or exercise reasonable skill (but not any stricter duty).
Business Day means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday, bank holiday or public holiday in Victoria;
Company includes representatives, subsidiaries, affiliates, related parties, officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, and independent contractors;
Customer means the individual who places an Order on the Website;
GST means the Goods and Services Tax;
Liability means liability in or for breach of contract, Breach of Duty, misrepresentation, restitution or any other cause of action whatsoever relating to or arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation, liability expressly provided for under these Terms and Conditions or arising by reason of the invalidity or unenforceability of any term of these Terms and Conditions (and for the purposes of this definition, all references to these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to include any collateral contract)
Order means the order submitted by you to the Website to purchase products from us.
Product(s) means the products to be sold to Customers via the Website in accordance with this agreement;
You means the Customer who places an Order.
a. Headings are for ease of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation or construction of this Agreement.
b. Words imparting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa. Words imparting a gender shall include every gender and references to persons shall include an individual, company, corporation, firm or partnership.
c. Words denoting persons includes natural persons, partnerships, limited Liability partnerships, bodies corporate and unincorporated associations of persons.
d. References to includes or including or like words or expressions shall mean without limitation.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 06 March 2020.