Shipping And Returns
Shipping And Returns
We can ship to virtually any address in Australia with the 3rd party shipping company (Hunter Express, Direct Freight, TNT Express). For international deliveries please contact us by e-mailing to: email@example.com
Our shipping charges are as follows:
1) Delivery Pricing
- Please add the products you wish to purchase, you will then be redirected to the shopping cart were you can get a delivery price on the fly. All you need to do is enter your postcode and state. This can also be done on the checkout page.
- You can arrange for a free collection from our warehouse, located at Unit 3&4/7-9 Westwood Dr, Ravenhall, VIC 3023.
2) International orders
- Pleases contact us to provide you with delivery quote
Please note that some remote NT, WA and QLD locations will incur an additional delivery charge which we will contact you after your order has been placed. You will then have the option to pay the additional amount, or accept a full refund.
We will ship the items within 7 business days. Shipping can be delayed during high volume periods (Christams time, Trade shows etc), extreme weather conditions or other unexpected circumstances. Items made to order (custom made items) will have a longer dispatch time frame and will be discussed individually with a customer.
Risk in the products passes to you on commencement of delivery. We do not accept liability for any loss, theft or damage to the products after delivery.
Delivery is to a ground floor; if the delivery is in a multi-story building the delivery company will not travel past the ground floor front door.
We cannot deliver to PO boxes or Parcel Lockers
We reserve the right to refuse delivery to specific locations for items we deem at high risk of loss or damage, and also areas that are inaccessible with standard courier and delivery services. In this case, you may choose to have an item delivered using your own couriers, in which case all insurance for loss or damage to the order caused by the delivery will be your responsibility.
Our delivery partner may leave a card at the address and you will need to pick up the delivery from their dispatch centre or contact the courier company to arrange for re-delivery.
For the delivery hours and days, please contact our courier partners directly.
You agree to pay any shipping and handling charges presented to you at the time you make a purchase.
CHANGE OF MIND RETURNS
1. Should you change your mind about a purchase you have made with us, you have the option of returning the Product within 24 hours of purchase/having received it and can opt for a refund. Simply return the item to our warehouse (Unit 3&4/7-9 Westwood Dr, Ravenhall, VIC 3023) and we will issue a credit note for exchange or EFT Refund as soon as we receive the item back. You will be charged 25% of the invoice amount restocking fee + shipping. Alternatively, you can organise your own shipping of the return product. We will require the Product to be unused and in its original condition and packaging for these returns. We reserve the right to reject any returns that do not meet these requirements.
2. Once we receive the items, we will fully refund you the amount you paid for the product (minus the shipping fee and restocking fee).
3. Made to order rugs, custom sized products, or underlays are not eligible for change of mind returns.
4. Orders of 3 or more items of any size or style, only a single item from the order is eligible for return.
5. Orders of 2 or more of the same SKU (same style & same size), only a single item of the same SKU is eligible for return.
DAMAGED OR FAULTY RETURNS:
1. You need to notify Dotts Rugs as soon as possible in the unlikely event that your item arrives damaged or faulty. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (after which one of our team will contact you). All claims must be reported strictly with in 24 hrs of purchase or delivery .
2. Damaged or faulty items are required to be in unused and in its original condition and packaging.
3. In order to assist the return process, you may be required to fill in a return form or to send us images of the damage for preliminary assessment. Please do not attempt to return the items before speaking to one of our team.
4. If after the preliminary assessment our specialists assess and approve the return, our Customer Care Team will contact you to proceed with the return process. Depending on if it is minor or major defect, Dotts Rugs will arrange a replacement or give you a store credit or rebate of part or all of the Product price.
5. If after the preliminary assessment our team decide that the Product needs to be sent back for further examination to ascertain if there is a defect with the Product, our Customer Care Team will contact you to arrange the return of the Product. You will not be charged for freight or shipping. We will arrange the pickup of the items from you. If the Product is found not to have a defect, you may be required to pay the transport or inspection costs. An estimate of these costs will be provided to you before the Product is collected.
6. It does not constitute a defect, if in our reasonable opinion, the Product has, following the sale to you, become of unacceptable quality due to fair wear and tear, misuse, failure to use in accordance with manufacturer's instructions, using it in an abnormal way or failure to take reasonable care, using the Product in any commercial, contract, rental, trade, institutional or other non-residential use.
7. Our Handmade Natural Fiber Rugs DO NOT come with any warranty. Our hand made rugs are individually hand made and hand woven by fair trade cottage industry weavers/ artists and each piece is unique and different to the other and as such they are subject to the following variations, which are not considered faults or defects:
a) Size: being a hand made article, the size can vary by +/-3% from the size ordered.
b) Colour: Every effort is made to ensure there is minimal colour variation however some variation can be expected.
c) Fading: Placing rugs in direct and continuous sunlight will cause them to fade. Charcoal colour products will fade in natural light/sunlight. Some colour may transfer on light coloured surfaces. Rotate your rug to minimize damage caused by natural light.
d) Design & Construction: Minor variations may be evident, which is due to the fact that the product is a handmade item including line/weave thickness.
e) Shading: Due to changes in pile and weave direction shading may occur and is a natural characteristic of carpets and rugs.
f) Shedding: Our hand made rugs are made from all natural fibres. Natural fibre rugs will initially shed loose fibers, this is a normal process. The removal of any loose fibres will be hastened by regular vacuuming using a good quality upright vacuum cleaner.
g) Pilling can occur due to traffic, moving of furniture, vacuuming or other mechanical agitation. This can be trimmed with scissors.
h) Pop ups: Due to the type of weaving, there will be short fibres popping up while the rug settles. This can be trimmed or pushed through.
i) Fumigation smell. AQIS - the Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service - works to protect Australia’s unique natural environment and economic assets from many pests and diseases found in other parts of the world. Common items of quarantine concern include: wooden items; rugs; carpets; skins; feathers; straw; paper; cardboard; etc. Treatments applied for biosecurity purposes are part of measures used in managing the risk of introduction of exotic pests and diseases. There can be a residual smell left after the fumigation treatment which will air itself out within few weeks of opening the packaging if left in a well ventilated space.
8. Clearance and discontinued items cannot be returned, as they are offered at a greatly reduced price and will not be restocked.
The buyer pays return shipping unless the product was damaged at the time of delivery, and the product must be returned in the original packaging via a courier company together with a tracking number. We can provide our freight company to pick-up an item from buyers chosen location at buyers own cost (this can be deducted from the refund or credit note amount). Please also allow three to five working days for a refund to be processed as this will allow time for the inspection and re packing of the item returned.
If an order is cancelled whilst in transit with the courier company, we will need the rug returned back to us before we process any refund.