Each year around this time I get excited and it has nothing to do with an overweight bearded guy. Every year around this time all the big colour influencers provide us with their forecasts for the upcoming year colour trends. One of the biggest and well known authorities on the colour is of course Pantone® . Their predictions are heard even by the people not related to colour or trends. According to Pantone® itself the colour of the year is not only about trends, but is a reflection of what’s needed in our world today.
2018 was all about Ultra Violet - enigmatic and mysterious, the symbol of limitless exploration (the colour of night sky) and artistic expression and 2017 we enjoyed Greenery - a symbol of new lie and new hope.
This year's Pantone color of the year? Living Coral.
Living Coral, also known as Pantone 16-1546, is a warm, peachy orange with a life-affirming golden undertone. The color evokes vitality and buoyancy; the marine invertebrate get its vibrant tone from the tiny algae living on its surface.
See a few of Pantone's suggested palettes for the hue below:
1. The focal point pallette - dominated by subdued earthy colours with "Living Coral" acting as a focal point and a needed pop of colour.
2. Shimmering sunset pallette - a warm and bright pallet where "living Coral" is as the name suggests almost a part of a tropical sunset.
3. The Sympatico palette - or a i call this palette - a skin tone palette. The colours look like they have been picked up from the make-up set where Living Coral is a versatile shade that can be used for lips, cheeks or eyes.
4. The Trippy palette - bright, bold and colourful.
5. The Under the Sea palette - moody but optimistic palette with lots of blue hues that evoke marine vibes.
These days it's not only Pantone giving us colour advice. pretty much any major company somehow relate to colour comes out with it's own forcast. For example, Dulux, a company making interior and exterior paint, came out with it's own colour for 2019 - Spiced Honey.
Spiced Honey is a warm amber tone, inspired by the beauty and versatility of honey itself. Spiced Honey can be soothing or calming, cosy or vibrant, depending on the palette you pair it with. According to the experts, the tone encompasses a time for re-energising and optimism after the unpredictably of 2018 – the year ahead, however, is the time for awakening.
Referencing by hue humble materials like cork, hemp, sisal, bamboo and jute Spiced Honey is much "closer" to nature compared to Living Coral.
Dulux has also suggested a set of colour palettes for the home, all including the Colour of the Year 2019, for us to consider.
1. A place to think - a soothing mix of warm neutrals and touches of soft pink
2. Calming place to dream - romantic powder pinks and blues to create a serene and whimsical atmosphere
3. Cosy place to love - rich and warm, incorporating deep forest green, bold teal and intense terracotta red.
4. Vibrant place to act - a playful and adventurous palette, making the most of vivid red and green among pale pinks, blues and crisp greys and whites
Another year has passed and here we are ready for new opportunities and possibilities the new 2018 will bring us.The new year looks like a year of even more work for us. We are planning to bring some sensational new stock that we hope you will love. Some of it, you can already see and pre-order [...]
Fringe is definitely not a new trend. It's resurfacing every few years, each time inspired by different ideas. And every time it appears we get excited! If you have been following fashion shows, you probably noticed that a lot of major fashion houses incorporated this ultimate western and 70's inspired trend in their Spring/Summer'18 looks.Some of [...]
The latest catalogues are ready for download! Our range has experienced a massive growth, so for this year we have decided to do 2 editions of our catalogue: one that features all our hand made range and another one with all of our machine made rugs. You can download any of them by clicking on the appropriate [...]
It's the time of the year again! The time for the Decor + Design Show Melbourne 2017!We are super excited to be a part exhibiting in this year's Decor + Design Show Melbourne. Decor+Design is Australia’s No.1 Interiors event showcasing the latest interior products & furnishings. Located at Melbourne exhibition centre, you will find us at stand H08.Thursday [...]
Viscose Handloom rug is a new addition to our natural fibre hand made range. Due to rug's low pile profile it is perfect for a variety of decorating purposes. Use it under the table to define a dining area, layer it on top of jute carpet or rug to add extra dimention and texture, put it under [...]
Wool is the kind of material that keeps coming back despite ultra modern trends and innovations in the flooring industry. It is one of the most versatile yarns, known for its great fire deterrent, heat retention and durability qualities. No surprise then that wool was our the material of choice when we were creating out new [...]
If you didn't know already, we are exhibiting in this years Decor+Design Melbourne/16.Come see our friendly team at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre stand #K8We've got our popular jute flatweave lines, round rugs, as well as new tufted wool+viscose lines "Nuevo", "Savanna" and "Carizza".We are also introducing our upcoming range of wool flat weave rugs and [...]